Teens might be asking if they can see this one. The star power is there with Anna Kendrick starring! But can they? What is the true age rating of Alice, Darling? Can your kids watch this one? We’re covering the 7 big things parents need to know about the age rating for Alice, Darling in this parents guide.
About Alice, Darling
In ALICE, DARLING, Oscar® nominee Anna Kendrick (Up in the Air) is Alice in this taut thriller about a woman pushed to the breaking point by her psychologically abusive boyfriend, Simon.
While on vacation with two close girlfriends, Alice rediscovers the essence of herself and gains some much-needed perspective.
Slowly, she starts to fray the cords of codependency that bind her.
But Simon’s vengeance is as inevitable as it is shattering – and, once unleashed, it tests Alice’s strength, her courage, and the bonds of her deep-rooted friendships.
Age Rating of Alice, Darling: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
Can your kids watch this one? What is the age rating of Alice, Darling?
This parent’s guide will help you decide if your family can handle the seven big issues with movies and shows: mature topics, gore, violence, language, sex, romance, and nudity. We’ll also give the Alice Darling age rating and age-appropriate recommendations.
There’s a fair amount of language in this one.
Your kids will hear:
- jokes about sex including orgasms
- g-d d@mn
Age Rating of Alice, Darling: Is It Safe For Teens When It Comes To Sex, Romance, and Nudity?
The story revolves around an unhealthy romantic relationship between Alice and her boyfriend Simon.
There are jokes about sex (including orgasms) as well as sex scenes.
While there isn’t any explicit nudity, your kids will know that the couple is clearly having sex with moaning, thrusting, and bare shoulders visible.
There is also sexting with cleavage being shown.
Violence and Gore: Is Too Scary For Kids Under 17?
This is a fairly intense thriller that doesn’t have too much by the way of violence or gore.
Is Alice, Darling Ok For Kids: Mature Topics
Alice is being gaslighted and controlled by her boyfriend. Alice self-harms (pulls out her own hair) due to stress from the relationship, which could be triggering for some teens.
Characters smoke and drink and there are references to drugs as well.
While on vacation, there is a story about a girl who goes missing in the town.
Age Rating: What Ages Can Really Watch This One?
Alice, Darling is rated R for language and sexual content.
Parents Guide: Is Alice, Darling Appropriate For Kids Under 17?
As always, you know your children best.
We think Alice, Darling could be appropriate for some mature but younger teens. We’d suggest this movie for kids 14 and up as long as the sexual content is not an issue for your family.
More Parents Guides
- Age Rating of Missing (2023): Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of That ’90s Show: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating Of The Last Of Us (HBO): Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of House Party (2023): Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of Plane (2023): Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of Women Talking: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating Of A Man Called Otto: Parents Guide
- Age Rating of M3GAN: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating Of The Whale: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of I Wanna Dance With Somebody: Parents Guide
- Age Rating of Babylon: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating For Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Parents Guide
- Age Rating Of Avatar: The Way Of Water Parents Guide (7 Big Things)