Teens might be asking if they can see this one. But can they? What is the true age rating of House Party? Can your kids watch this one? We’re covering the 7 big things parents need to know about the age rating for House Party in this parents guide.
About House Party (2023)
Aspiring club promoters and best buds Damon (Tosin Cole) and Kevin (Jacob Latimore) are barely keeping things together. Out of money, down on their luck and about to lose the roofs over their heads—and freshly fired from their low-lift jobs as house cleaners—the pair needs a huge windfall to make their problems go away.
In a ‘what the h@ll?’ move, they decide to host the party of the year at an exclusive mansion, the site of their last cleaning job, which just happens to belong to none other than LeBron James. No permission? No problem. What could go wrong?
How about a time traveling DJ, undependable security, a runaway guest list, one borrowed Lamborghini, angry rival promoters, a stolen championship ring, escalating property damage, an angry koala..?
But also, one outrageous ride stacked with double-take cameos and timeless throwback tracks, R-rated comedy and two friends worth cheering for… you have to see to believe.
After all, a night like this doesn’t come around more than once.
Age Rating of House Party (2023): Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
Can your kids watch this one? What is the age rating of House Party?
This parent’s guide will help you decide if your family can handle the seven big issues with movies and shows: mature topics, gore, violence, language, sex, romance, and nudity. We’ll also give the House Party age rating and age-appropriate recommendations.
Language is off the charts in this one.
If your family doesn’t mind profanity, then this may not be the deal breaker. But if you do have big concerns about it, keep the kids at home.
Your kids will hear:
- sh!t (variants)
- f@ck (variants)
- n-word (variants)
- oh my g-d
- j@sus chr!st
- c@ck (variants)
Age Rating of House Party: Is It Safe For Teens When It Comes To Sex, Romance, and Nudity?
There is a fair amount of sexual content and context in House Party.
Your kids will see:
- character humps a banister
- closeup of two characters grinding on each other while dancing
- dominatrix in lingerie hits a fully naked man with a riding crop
- stripper dancing on a pole
Violence and Gore: Is House Party Too Scary For Kids Under 17?
While there isn’t an extreme amount of actual violence or gore, there are plenty of discussions surrounding violence.
Your kids will hear:
- three characters threaten another character
- three characters beat up another character
- one character makes several dramatically graphic threatening comments toward another character
- a koala bear attacks several characters
- a character threatens to shoot everyone
But there is some violence in the movie as well.
- a character decapitated graphically
- a character impaled
- a character is stabbed
There is a jump scare as well.
Age Rating Of House Party 2023: What Ages Can Really Watch This One?
House Party is rated R for violence, drug use, sexual material, and language.
Parents Guide: Is House Party Appropriate For Kids Under 17?
House Party (2023) is not the banger than 90s kids remember, and it’s not really for kids.
We think you could let mature high schoolers see this one, but we also think they’d be better off saving their money as it’s just not that good.
We suggest sticking with the age 15 and up age rating for House Party.
More Parents Guides
- Age Rating Of A Man Called Otto: Parents Guide
- Age Rating of M3GAN: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating Of The Whale: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of I Wanna Dance With Somebody: Parents Guide
- Age Rating of Babylon: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating For Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Parents Guide
- Age Rating Of Avatar: The Way Of Water Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio On Netflix: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of Violent Night: Parents Guide (7 Big Things)
- Age Rating of Willow (2022): Parents Guide (7 Big Things)