New Year’s Eve 2023 isn’t going to look the same as 2022- or any other year for that matter. We guess that’s kinda the point! If you’re in search of a New Year’s movies list to watch on December 31 instead of heading to a party on New Year’s Eve, here you go. And don’t forget to check out the New Years Memes, Appetizers, and cocktails to make it a festive night. Affiliate links are in this post.
Table of Contents
List of New Year’s Eve Movies To Watch Instead of Going To a Party
So we’ll admit up front: not all of these are pure New Year’s Eve movies.
But they have at least 1 scene during New Year’s Eve or are set during that time period at some point. December 31st or thereabouts are mentioned in these movies.
Sure, it’s kinda a stretch.
But what can we say? We don’t make Hollywood movies, we just report on them!
And they just don’t make a ton of 100% New Year’s Eve movies.
But let’s roll with it and check out this list of New Year’s Eve movies that we found.
All the New Year’s Movies You Can Binge During Your New Years Eve Party at Home
- High School Musical – don’t fight me. It’s the scene that started it all!
- New Year’s Eve
- When Harry Met Sally
- The Holiday
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Sleepless in Seattle
- An Affair to Remember
- Holiday Inn
- Ocean’s 11 (the OG!)
- Ghostbusters 2
- The Godfather 2
- While You Were Sleeping
- Waiting To Exhale
- Phantom Thread
- Four Rooms
- Are We There Yet?
- Rosemary’s Baby (there’s a scene, it counts)
- 200 Cigarettes (1999)
- Mermaids (1990)
- New Years Evil (1980)
- About A Boy
- Trading Places
- The Poseidon Adventure
- The Apartment
- Boogie Nights
- Sex In the City (movie that And Just Like That… is based on)
- Forest Gump
- Iron Man 3
- Money Train
New Years Eve Movies For Kids
These are great movies to watch during a New Year’s Eve party with kids.
Check the age rating to determine just how young these are appropriate for!
- Are We There Yet?
- High School Musical
- Happy New Year Charlie Brown
- Snoopy Presents: For Auld Lang Syne (2021)
- Rudolph’s Shiny New Year
- Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year
- Pete the Cat: A Very Groovy New Year
More Posts You’ll Love
- Watch Before Wakanda Forever: List Of Marvel Movies In Order (PDF)
- 50 Family Vacation Movies To Watch In 2023
- How Many Hellraiser Movies Are There?
- 3 Must-See Predator Movies To Watch After Prey
- Non-MCU Marvel Movies You May Have Missed
- Back-To-School Movies To Get You Ready For Class
- List of Fourth of July Movies Like Independence Day
Patty Holliday is a parent movie reviewer, writer, and podcaster living in the Washington, DC area. Her goal is to bridge the gap between casual fandom and picky critic with parent movie and television reviews. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.