Coming as a surprise to no one, Disney+ announced the anticipated bundle option today. Here’s what you need to know about the option to bundle Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus into one package.
Walt Disney Company’s Quarterly Financial Results conference call happened today and listeners were given the news firsthand.
Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed a new bundle featuring the three big streaming services under the Disney umbrella.
- Hulu (with Ads)
When Will the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ Bundle Be Available?
US users are able to purchase the bundled package as soon as Disney+ goes live on November 12, 2019.
How Much Will the Disney+ Bundle Cost?
I feel like this is Disney Plus new mantra, “We’re cheaper than Netflix!”
And it’s true.
The Disney+ bundle will include all three streaming packages and cost $12.99 a month.
What Else Will Be On Disney+?
On the call, Iger also shared the following information regarding Disney Plus programing.
- All of the Disney Studios films released this year will be on Disney+ within the first year.
- Disney+ will offer more than 600 premium content hours at launch
- Family content from Fox acquisition will account for an additional 300 hours
- Iger stated there were no updates at this time on the international rollout of Hulu
- D23 Expo attendees will be the first to sign up for Disney+ at the end of the month.
- 8 Star Wars films, 18 Pixar films, 70 Disney Animated films, 240 Disney Live-action films, and 4 Marvel movies available to watch on launch day of Disney+
- Disney+ will launch in two international markets on the launch date for the US or soon after. Others will come over the next 2 years.
- Hulu is going to be the home of non-family content in the future (as expected).
Now Streaming… Disney+ Podcast
All this news has this fangirl excited for the Disney Plus future. So excited, in fact, that we’re starting to devote a Daily(ish) Fangirl podcast episode every week to the subject.
Join me & my friend Andrea from Theme Park Parents as we talk about all the news surrounding Disney+ leading up to the launch every Friday morning on the podcast app of your choice.
You can listen to the first episode (tentatively titled Now Streaming… Disney+) here.
I’m a fangirl and I don’t pretend otherwise. Geeking out over pop culture is a big part of My No-Guilt Life, and I’m here to say it’s ok if that’s your thing too! No matter how old you are. Ahem. I’m solidly on #TeamCap and think Iron Man has gotten a bit big for his gold-titanium alloy britches. Oh- and I’m completely in love with Agent Coulson and Agent May. Completely.