Next week I’m outta here! Heading out to Los Angeles, one of my favorite cities in the world, to attend the Avengers: Endgame Red Carpet Premiere. I’m attending as press (so I’ll keep that fangirl squarely tucked away) and covering my own expenses. I have a few details to share and hope you’ll follow along for the coverage!
So that picture isn’t exactly the Hollywood version of the TCL Chinese Theater (I snapped this one at Hollywood Studios in Disney World) but until I show up to take a real one, it will have to do.
Guys, I’m going back to Hollywood and I can barely contain my excitement!
The primary focus of this trip is to attend the Avengers: Endgame Red Carpet Premiere, but I’m going to throw some Hollywood touristy things in as well. Here’s what I’m planning.
Walk the Avengers: Endgame Red Carpet and Attend the Premiere
Yesterday I received the official details and information for the Avengers: Endgame red carpet & premiere.
I also received my 30th dress (probably) to try on for this event, and you know what? I think it’s the keeper. Never give up, ladies!
Things are finally coming together.
Avengers: Endgame Red Carpet Details
- Who’s going? As Elle Woods once famously turned and said: ME! And I’m traveling with some of my favorite geeky ladies- four of the members of The Geekly Show will be rolling into town too- including my BFF and fellow Marvel Mom, Tania, from Lolalambchops.com She’s my favorite fangirl to travel with and I cannot wait to experience this movie with her!
- When does the red carpet start? Marvel will be streaming starting at 4:30 pm PT on Marvel.com/EndgamePremiere on April 22nd. But the coverage will begin sometime after 5pm PT (8pm ET) for us. Our goal is to arrive just before 5, pick up our tickets, and start all the Instagramming, Facebooking Live-ing and picture snapping we can!
- How can you follow us on social media? You can find me on all channels @noguiltlife (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) and I plan to be on all three- all night long. Well, minus the whole movie watching timeframe! Search and follow #noguiltfangirl for all my coverage.
- Will I be posting spoilers? Do I look like Mark Ruffalo or Tom Holland? The answer is no- but I will have a non-spoiler parent movie review posted on this site on Tuesday night. Be sure to come back to read that if you want to know if Avengers: Endgame is safe for kids.
- Will there be an afterparty? It appears that, yes, there will be one! And I feel like this will be one heck of a party with all the superheroes gathered in one place. But hopefully, it won’t end like Stark’s party in Avengers: The Age of Ultron.
- Will I cry during Avengers: Endgame? Magic 8-Ball says: Signs point to yes. Look, I tear up over the dang teaser trailers and posters when I first spot them, so it’s super likely I’ll shed some tears during this movie. But I’m ok with that.
Hang Out In Hollywood Like a Tourist
The morning after the big premiere will consist of three big things.
1: Write that non-spoiler movie review so it can go LIVE at 3 pm PT.
2: Give a quick video update about the night before. I’ll post the location of that Live once I decide where it’s happening!
3. Hang out in Hollywood like a tourist.
My hotel room is supposed to have a view of the Hollywood sign, and due to time constraints, that might be as close as I get to it! But we’ll see how the day progresses.
Luckily, I’ve been to Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory before, so I don’t feel like I have to trek over there on this trip. Though I would totally suggest that for any first-time visitor to LA!
I’m going to walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame and see if I can find some cool stars.
Wander through The Roosevelt Hotel and drool over the architecture.
And hit up the three big theaters on Hollywood Boulevard: The Dolby, The TLC Chinese, and the El Capitan. There are tours you can take for these as well and I’m nerdy enough to sign up for one! I’ll keep you posted on that part.
I’m up for walking down to Hollywood and Vine, checking out the Capitol Records building and Pantages Theater as well.
If there’s time- and interest from my fellow travel mates- I’d love to do one of the bus tours too. Super dork confession: I love the hop on/hop off city tours.
Alright- I gotta get packing! This is going to be one heck of a trip and I hope you’ll follow this fangirl to the movies!
Patty Holliday is a movie critic, writer, and podcaster living in the Washington, DC area. Her goal is to bridge the gap between casual fandom and picky critic with parent movie and television reviews.