Streaming services are the go-to for movies on demand. If the new year, new you fever has you dreaming of events like a 5K finish line or heck, even the Chicago Marathon, you might be looking for some inspiration. Stream these running movies in 2023. Affiliate links are included in this post.
Table of Contents
Stream These Running Movies in 2023
We love a good running movie.
Why? The struggle, the emotion, and the success (or failures) all seem so relatable.
Running is one of those sports that most people try at least once in their lives, even if it’s “just” the 1 mile Presidental Fitness test from middle school.
But less than 1% of the US population has completed a marathon. If that’s you: you’re kinda a big deal!
If that’s *going* to be you, and you’re looking for some movie inspiration as you train on the treadmill, we’ve got the perfect list of running movies you can stream now.
Check out these sports movies: they’ve got it all from true crime to a true love story, and everything in between that happens in the sports world.
Documentaries and Running Movies On Netflix In 2023
Netflix used to be the home for a ton of running movies, but the list is now a lot smaller.
Here’s the list of running movies on Netflix for 2023:
- Sist3RS On Track (story of a young girl and her running sisters)
- Budhia Sing: Born to Run (2016)
- Zero to Hero (2021)
- 100 Meters (2016)
- Human Playground
- Lorena, Light-Footed Woman (2019)
- Icarus (2017)
Run! And Stream These On Disney Plus
- Breaking 2
- McFarland, USA (a great movie!)
Running Movies You Can Stream On Amazon Prime
We’ve seen a lot of these because frankly, we’re obsessed!
You can stream these on Amazon Prime or rent them through the affiliate links provided below.
- Prefontaine (true story of Steve “Pre” Prefontaine and the start of Nike)
- The Barkley Marathon: The Race That Eats Its Young
- Brittany Runs a Marathon (The New York Marathon is featured)
- Marathon: The Patriots’ Day Bombing (about the Boston marathon bombings)
- Spirit of the Marathon (documentary film)
- Chariots of Fire
- Run Fatboy Run
- The Jericho Mile (1979)
- Personal Best (1982)
- Without Limits (1998)
- Unbroken (2014) – Louis “Louie” Zamperini qualified for the 1936 Olympics in the 5,000 meters
Hulu: Running Movies You Can Stream In 2023
- Sprinter (A Jamaican teen who is burdened by family troubles hopes his meteoric rise in track and field can reunite him with his mother in the US. Executive produced by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.)
- 30 for 30: Marion Jones (Episode 28, Season 1)
- 30 for 30: 9.79* Story of the 100-meter final at the Seoul Olympics (Episode 2 Season 2)
- Forrest Gump
- Race (2026) The story of Jesse Owens
- Jim Thorpe, All American (1951)
Streaming Running Movies On Peacock TV (2023)
- 4 Minute Mile (2016)
- More Than Gold (2016) documentary about Jesse Owens and the athletes who ran alongside him in 1936 Olympics
- 1968 (At the 1968 Mexico City Olympics, the silent protest of Tommie Smith and John Carlos changed The Games forever)
We’ve included the best running movies and documentaries that we could find.
Streaming services do change things from time to time, so new movies can always be added. But this list of running movies is a great place to start.
More Movies Lists You’ll Love
- Watch Before Wakanda Forever: List Of Marvel Movies In Order (PDF)
- 50 Family Vacation Movies To Watch In 2023
- How Many Hellraiser Movies Are There?
- 3 Must-See Predator Movies To Watch After Prey
- Non-MCU Marvel Movies You May Have Missed
- Back-To-School Movies To Get You Ready For Class
- List of Fourth of July Movies Like Independence Day
Patty Holliday is a parent movie reviewer, writer, and podcaster living in the Washington, DC area. Her goal is to bridge the gap between casual fandom and picky critic with parent movie and television reviews. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.