I absolutely love looking for the cameos in Star Wars movies, and The Rise of Skywalker did not disappoint! So many guest stars pupping up in this one: so I had to make a list. Here’s who you might have missed in their cameo in Rise of Skywalker. Spoilers here- obviously.
Table of Contents
The Rise of Skywalker Cameos You Might Have Missed
Did you spot them? Hear them? Think you saw them but weren’t quite sure if that was who you thought it was?
Yup, that was me when I saw Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker the first time.
So I paid closer attention the second time. And- psst- stuck around for the credits!
Here’s a list of the cameos in Rise of Skywalker that you might have missed the first time.
SPOILERS AHEAD! Turn back now if that is not your jam.
Sith and Jedi Voice Cameos
What I love about Star Wars: is the battle of good and evil. What I hate is that sometimes those battles have losers that we don’t get in the next film.
Sith and Jedi have died along the course of the movies, and since this was the last one in the Skywalker saga, I was hoping we’d have a few
Yup, those moments were some of my absolute favorite and made the Best Rise of Skywalker quote list for me.
Here’s who was in The Rise of Skywalker from our Dark and Light Side heroes and villains:
- Kanan Jarrus. (Freddie Prinze Jr.)
- Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill)
- Princess Leia (Carrie Fischer)
- Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen)
- Luminara Undall (Olivia d’Abo)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor)
- Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein)
- Aayla Secura (Jennifer Hale)
- Yoda (Franz Oz)
- Adi Gallia (Angelique Perrin)
- Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson)
- Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson)
- Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis)
- Darth Vader (James Earl Jones)
Who Else Had Cameos in Rise of Skywalker? A Lot Of People!
There were a few voices I didn’t catch right away, but that’s why sticking around to read the credits can pay off.
And a healthy addiction to social media and trending hashtags doesn’t hurt!
Here’s who else you can spot hiding in plain sight in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker:
- Lin-Manuel Miranda– I squealed because, well, LMM. But he helped with music and plays a resistance fighter in The Rise of Skywalker. I have to confess I didn’t see him on screen, but according to him- he’s there!
- JJ Abrams: Voice of D-O (the newest and cutest shy droid you ever did see!)
- Ed Sheeran– Stormtrooper. First Game of Thrones, now this? Look at you, Ed!
- Harry Styles– Stormtrooper (according to Mark Hamill, anyway!)
- Jodie Comer- Rey’s mother. The Killing Eve star is also in the Star Wars universe.
- Dominic Monaghan– as Rebel Beaumont Kin. Definitely not a “cameo” but he goes on the list anyway. He gets major scene time in this one.
- John Williams– the bartender on Kijimi. YES! It’s about time he was on screen. He’s credited as Oma Tres, which is an anagram for- wait for it- Maestro. Well done, JJ.
- Chris Terrio– the co-writer of the film is also Col. Aftab Ackbar
- Denis Lawson– WEDGE! Yep, that’s him as Wedge Antilles in the final battle scene.
- Warwick & Harrison Davis– Wicket! Totally had to be him in that Ewok costume at the end- and his son, Harrison joined him. Did not disappoint!
- Shirley Henderson – Babu Frick. She’s also Moaning Myrtle for you Harry Potter movie lovers!
More Cameos and Easter Egg Posts You’ll Love
Patty Holliday is a parent movie reviewer, writer, and podcaster living in the Washington, DC area. Her goal is to bridge the gap between casual fandom and picky critic with parent movie and television reviews. As a lifelong fangirl and pop culture connoisseur, she’s been creating online since 2009. You can find her work at No-Guilt Disney.com, No-Guilt Fangirl.com, No-Guilt Life, and as host of the top-rated No-Guilt Disney Podcast.